The Georgetown Tennis Association is recognized by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as a Community Tennis Association (CTA). GTA is a not-for-profit tennis specific organization that exists to utilize USTA and other effective programming to promote and develop the game of tennis in the community.
The Georgetown Tennis Association was named “Community Tennis Association of the Year” in Kentucky by USTA KY in 2011. We are not just tennis I the community; but we are a community through tennis!
“Through tennis, lives can be changed and spirits reclaimed” – Arthur Ashe
Dan Moore: President
Vice President: Michael Cunningham
Immediate Past President: Jessica Cunningham
Secretary: Elizabeth Smith
Treasurer: Kenda Moore
Members at Large: Blake Adams, Zan Rexroat, Jetemy Smith
Ex Officio: Michelle Jones, Branden Tackett
GTA would like to thank the Scott County Parks & Recreation Department, Scott County Schools, and Georgetown College Tennis Program for their partnership and support. Without their support, tennis programs would not be possible. This partnership is recognized by USTA KY, USTA Southern Section, and the USTA National.
- 2014 USTA KY Jr. Team Tennis Coordinator of the Year
- 2013 Family of the Year – Scott and Julie Dick
- 2012 10U, 12U, 14U JTT State Champions
- 2012 Team Tennis Event of the Year – Georgetown College Tennis Program
- 2012 GTA 10U, 12U, 14U teams are State Championship Winners
- 2011 USTA KY Community Tennis Association of the Year
- 2011 USTA KY Special Event of the Year (shared with Frankfort and Versailles)
- 2010 Janet Louer USTA Jr. Team Tennis National Organizer of the Year Award
- 2010 USTA Southern Jr. Team Tennis Organizer of the Year
- 2010 USTA KY Jr. Team Tennis Coordinator of the Year